To get respite from summer, itchy scalp and sweat, we pray for the rainy season. But our problems don’t just end there. With the onset of monsoon comes wet clothes, itchy skin and frizzy hair. It is frustrating to deal with frizzy hair and extremely difficult to style. Frizzy hair can be due to 2 major reasons.
- The genetic composition of hair. In simpler terms frizziness could be hereditary.
- Overuse of blow-dryer and other harsh chemicals used to do perming, colouring or even straightening
Do not despair. Here are a few ways to control the frizziness and look gorgeous this monsoon.
Tips to reduce frizziness
At some point or the other all of us must have gone through days with bad hair. Our head would appear like a nest. Here are a few simple way to keep your flyaway hairs in check and appear groomed this monsoon
- Wash your hair with cold water. Warm water makes the shafts of the hair roots swollen. This makes it more susceptible to breakage and other damage
- Stay away from bleaching, perming or colouring your hair. Chemically harsh substances present in these can make your hair frizzy.
- Use a mild shampoo such as baby shampoo. They are chemically less harmful.
- Apply conditioner whenever you wash your hair.
- Massage your hair with warm oil, preferably an hour before you wash your hair.
- While travelling secure you hair tightly. Do not let it loose.
- At home you can apply a little quantity of gel (for super slick effect) or hair serum (for a normal-hold effect).
Homemade Hair Mask (with egg and lemon juice)
One can also uses a hair mask depending on the hair type. But a very common hair mask which suits all the hair type is simple and easy to make at home. Take 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of oil (if you do not have olive oil you can use any other cooking oil except mustard oil), juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (optional). Mix them nicely and apply for 45 mins to an hour. For better results you can wrap a towel dipped it warm water. This will help the mask penetrate the roots of the hair. Wash it off as usual.
Homemade Hair Potion
One can also rinse the hair with a glass of beer or lime juice (not the bottled ones available I the market) depending upon their choice and availability. This makes the scalp squeaky clean and the hair soft and manageable.
Last but not the least; treat yourself to a hairstyle which requires curls. This way your hair would not look bad and you can hide the frizziness of your hair. So go ahead and consult your hair stylist about a hairstyle which will take care of your hair and will make you look great.