Deep breathing is an uncomplicated yet healthy way of living. Just by altering the way you breathe for a few minutes everyday can do wonders both for your mind and for your body. The technique is very simple and can be done anywhere with out anybody knowing. Breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose, counting to six. Hold breath while slowly counting to six. Exhale slowly through your mouth, slowly counting to eight.
Concentrate on counting and your breath. Feel you lungs fill up with precious oxygen. Feel the relaxation deep breathing brings. Here are a few benefits
- Eases tension and calms the mind
- Deep breathing helps to relax your bowels. Do deep breathing and your bowels would move.
- Lowers down blood pressure and helps in keeping it normal. Try to aim for 10 breaths per minute which is thought to help lower blood pressure.
- It has beneficial effects for asthma patients
- Deep breathing releases endorphins-the bodies own painkillers, into the system. This can help relieve headaches, sleeplessness, backaches and other stress related aches and pains.
- Deep breathing helps to clear and focus the mind.
- Deep breathing strengthens weak abdominal and intestinal muscles. This is especially beneficial for pregnant women.
- Deep breathing detoxifies the body, if done regularly.
It will take some time before you notice the effects of breathing deeply. But these benefits are sure and life long. So happy breathing!!!