Dosa is one of the most popular South Indian dish. It is a daily tiffin in the south but in the north or even abroad it is a delicacy which can be savored only in the restaurants. Here’s a delicious, light dosa recipe that is a popular south Indian dish and can be enjoyed with sambhar. Learn how to make plain dosa.
Ingredients (to be grinded)
1 cup tuvar dal (Arhar Dal)
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
Salt to taste
1 cup cooked rice
- Soak rice, dal and fenugreek seeds for 4-6 hours
- Gring them to a fine batter by adding little water
- Add salt and keep it covered for fermentation.
- Heat a non stick tawa or a heavy bottomed tawa and put 2 tbsp of the batter.
- Spread it in circle using a katori (steel bowl).
- Put little oil around the dosa and heat it on the other side as well.
- Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean wet cloth before making each dosa.