Older men date younger women for many reasons. But one thing’s for certain: Most of these relationships won’t last. Here’s why.
1. Fantasy love fades. Usually within a year. At first, the geezer is in love with her looks and youthful spirit. Eventually, he realizes all they have in common is a roof over their heads, and he’ll be off to look for a relationship with substance.
2. Geezers may feel younger, but dating younger women won’t make them younger. No matter how hard older men try to make the wrinkles disappear, the darn things keep showing up in the mirror.
3. Older men and younger women use each other, similar to a business arrangement. He’s got money, assets, power, and security; she’s got youth and beauty. If the money runs out, or someone richer comes along, she’ll break the lease, leaving him with an empty wallet and his arms around a tree.
4. OK, maybe she’s not using him. Perhaps she loves him because he’s more patient, laid back, mature, gentle, and understanding than men her age. Still, she’s likely considered his bucks at some point. I mean, you don’t see younger women with destitute older men, do you?
5. Different energy levels. At 10 p.m., he’s wearing pajamas and falling asleep with a book in his hands and glasses on his nose. She’s got on her dancing duds and is heading for the clubs. If he doesn’t keep up, she might seek someone younger who’s able to meet her needs.