Getting a manicure done at a salon can be pretty expensive especially if you get your nails done weekly.
You can easily create your own nail art designs at home using your favorite nail polishes and a little bit of creativity.
Here are some tips and tricks to create your own nail art designs.
- Remove any traces of nail polish from your nails using acetone free nail polish remover because it is not as damaging for the nail.
- Cut your nails and file them in the desired shape.
- To prevent peeling nails file them only in one direction. Push your cuticles in using a cuticle pusher or cut them if you wish.
- Use a base coat on the nail before you apply the colored nail polish, to protect your nails.
- Apply a nail color – this will be your base color – starting from middle of your nail, using smooth uniform strokes, and then allow nails to dry.
- Take a colored nail polish and a toothpick – you can also use a multi-purpose nail sticks from the drugstore, even a needle, but make sure it’s thick enough.
- Apply 3 dots with the nail polish to the nail, get the toothpick and start dragging the color on the nail, creating unique nail art designs. Let them dry and apply a top coat to prevent colors from chipping and make your nail polish last longer.
You can also create flower nail designs by following these steps:
- Take the nail polish that you want the middle of the flower to be and apply a drop on a piece of paper.
- Take the toothpick and pick up some color with it and make a small dot wherever you want the flower to be ensuring you leave enough space for the petals.
- Take the other color and drop a bit on the paper.
- Using the other end of the toothpick take a bit of nail polish on the tip. Apply it next to the other dot.
- Take again more nail polish on the toothpick and make another dot next to the last one leaving a tiny space between them.
- Do the same until you have circled the first dot.
- You should now have a tiny flower on your nail.
- Leave the nail polish flowers to dry and apply a top coat with quick strokes so the flowers won’t smudge.
Once you learn the basics, you can easily create your own nail art with intricate designs and lots of colors – use your imagination and have fun with it!