The crispy cucumber beats the boiling summer heat, low calories, balances electrolytes and packed with nutrients.
Ingredients for Red Onion and Cucumber Salad
- 4 Red Onions, Cut into long thin strips
- Salt as per taste
- 6 Cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons peeled grated fresh Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh Chives
- 4 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tea spoon crushed Red Pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Method for preparing Red Onion and
- Place the onions in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a sieve, lightly salt the cucumbers and let drain for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the Ginger, Garlic, Chives, and Vinegar in a small bowl.
- While whisking, slowly add the oil and whisk until smooth.
- Add the Red Pepper flakes, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cucumbers to the onions and toss well.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled.