Kothimera Rice recipe is spicy rice which is made with kothimera (coriander) leaves paste which is very delicious and easy to make.
Ingredients for kothimera Rice (Coriander Rice):
- 300gms Basmati rice
- 2 bunch Coriander Leaves (only leaves) paste
- 1 cups Potatoes pieces and green peas
- 2 tbsp Ginger+ Garlic paste
- 4 Cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 Medium Onion slices
- 4 Green Chillies
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 6 -8 Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Garam Masala optional
- Salt as per taste
- Water as per required
Procedure for kothimera Rice (Coriander Rice):
- Take a bowl add rice and soak in water up 10 minutes
- Take Pan and add heat ghee and fry cashews.
- Take out the cashews and add oil.
- Fry cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Then fry ginger garlic paste and add onion and fry it well.
- Then add kothimera (Coriander) paste and Garam Masala optional (it gives good taste) cook well.
- Then add mixed Potatoes pieces and green peas and fry it well. Then add soaked rice and water.
- Add salt and stir well and close the lid. Cook for about 10 -15 minutes and remove form the heat (stove).
- Serve hot with curd raita.