Chicken Burrito is the most popular recipe at Mexican food courts. Chicken burritos make a satisfying comfort food dish. Try putting the fillings on the table and take on everyone fill up their own. Chicken Burrito is easy to make and delicious in taste!
Ingredients for Chicken Burrito
- 500gm BBQ chicken (boneless) pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cook rice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced
- ½ cup tomatoes paste or puree
- ½ cup burrito seasoning mix
- 1 cup of boiled kidney beans
- 6-8 burrito tortillas
- 1 small iceberg lettuce leaf torn
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Guacamole dip
Method for preparing for Chicken Burritos
- Take a frying pan and heat oil on medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft for 3 minutes.
- Mix with seasoning mix, crushed tomatoes puree and little bit of water.
- Cook uncovered for 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Add kidney beans and shredded BBQ chicken meat and cook 2minutes.
- Heat the burrito tortillas according to guidance on the packet.
- Place a torn lettuce leaf onto warmed tortillas.
- Top with chicken mixture cooked rice, tomato, cheese and a large dollop of sour cream.
- Fold the burrito tortillas safely with toothpick.
- Serve hot with guacamole dip and chips.