Chenna Poda is a popular recipe in Orissa is easy to make and very delicious in taste. Chenna Poda is a sweet dish.
- 500gm Chenna squeezed (freshly curdled)
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup Suji ( semolina)
- 1 cups Castor Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Broken pieces of Cashew nuts
Preparing method for Chenna Poda:
- In a big bowl smash Chenna and remove water and add Suji, milk and sugar and rest of the ingredients. Mix it well using hands.
- To get a caramelized effect on the top.
- Apply a tablespoon of ghee to the baking tin. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar on the tin.
- Hold the tin slightly above on gas stove for few minutes to melt the sugar. Spread the melted sugar evenly.
- Then pour the Chenna mix over the caramelized sugar. Bake on preheat oven of 180 ‘ C for one hour.
- Insert a knife to check whether it is cooked well. If the knife comes out clean means it cooked well.
- Cool it for 2 to 3 hours and then turn it upside down.
- Slice and serve. It stays fresh for a week in the refrigerator.