Raksha Bandhan or rakhi festival is the day when relatives, especially sisters visit their brothers’ homes to celebrate the festival. Malpua is an Indian pancake sweet dish. Malpua is a Rajasthani dish made from flour and is easy to prepare.
Ingredients for Malpua
- 1 liter Milk
- 50gm Grated Mawa
- 250 grams Maida
- 500 grams sugar
- Ghee or Oil for frying
- ¼ teaspoon green cardamom powder
- Fresh and sweetened cream
- Saffron few stands
- Pistachios as per required
Method for preparing Malpua
- Take a thick bottom pan and boil milk in it. Reduce the milk to a thick consistency.
- Add grated mawa and mix well. Bring it to room temperature.
- Dissolve saffron in a teaspoon of hot milk.
- Take a saucepan, put sugar and water in it.
- Heat the mixture till thick syrup is formed.
- Dissolve saffron in a teaspoon of hot milk. Add it to the sugar syrup.
- Now mix Maida flour, sugar, sweetened Cream or milk, Cardamom powder and water to form a thick batter like pouring consistency.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a flat bottomed pan.
- Make small cakes with batter and spread these cakes in the pan; fry them till they get golden brown.
- Dip the golden brown cakes in the sugar syrup and keep these sweetened pancakes on a serving dish.
- Garnish with rosewater, pistachios and fresh cream. Serve hot.