Chhena Gaja is a sweet dish based Oriya desserts, such as Rasgulla recipe. Chhena Gaja and Rasgulla are one and same but the shape is different in the dish. Chhena Gaja is rectangle-shaped cheena prepared in sweet sugar syrup. Popular in northern India, these Chhena Gaja are soft and juicy.
- 1liter milk for Chhena
- 1 lemon squeeze out the juice
- 2 tablespoon Maida or all purpose flour
- 2 cup sugar for sugar syrup
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoon pistachios
Preparaiton method for Chhena Gaja
For Chhena preparation
- Boil 1liter milk and curdle it by adding lemon juice and keep stirring it continuously.
- Drain this curdled through a thin muslin cloth and squeeze the chhena and wash it under running tap water.
- Drain out the excess water from Chhena and add 2 tablespoon of Maida or all purpose flour and massage well.
- Make small rectangular shaped pieces with help of palms and Keep aside.
For Sugar Syrup
- To make sugar syrup heat water and adds sugar in a pan and mixed it together.
- Allow it to cook for about 5-6 minutes or till the preferred consistency is arrive at.
- Add these Chenna pieces to the syrup and cook for 10-15 minutes with lid partially covered.
- Chhena dumplings will swell and puff up. On cooling, add 1 teaspoon good quality rose water, take out the Chhena Gaja from sugar syrup and place them on a tray.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled with garnish pistachios.